Connect now using the IP mc.bartyrealms.com

Can we keep Barty Realms non political
Started by Torpick

Torpick

Torpick

Topics
IGN
Torpick

Hello It’s yo Boi once more Torpick, Owner of Plot 19, here too ask a question about how we treat politics, and discrimination on this server. I’m assuming that we are not meant to be political, I’m also to assume that we would work to be more inclusive to all people, and I would take a final assumption that blatant sexual content is not tolerated, with these assumptions to be true, then how is Gayborhood a thing?

Given that rule 5 is ‘Do not be toxic!’ I can see how this post will be skirting close to the razors edge, but I’m legitly curious if we can discriminate based on identity, sexuality, and If so how far can this go? Will the Ideas of equality be provided to both sides of an political spectrum? Can we expect ban appeals of 1488 memes, or swastikas now? I have come to minecraft to escape the screeching of identity politics, not to see people embracing them.

Torpick · 4 months ago · Last edited: 4 months ago
iTroLLxEpicFail

iTroLLxEpicFail

Senior Staff
Topics
IGN
iTroLLxEpicFail

i agree with this post the towns name Gayborhood could be offensive to some and in the server rules under toxic and some staff has said before to keep politics out of chat. also this town/topic has gotten other players banned in the past. for example when the old owner liz threatened to mute all of ingame chat and that whole situation.

iTroLLxEpicFail · 4 months ago · Last edited: 4 months ago
whiimsicott

whiimsicott

Topics
IGN
whiimsicott

Just wanted to say that being gay isn't political or NSFW, and neither is having a space for them specifically.

x1
whiimsicott · 4 months ago
DarreMo

DarreMo

Senior Staff
Topics
IGN
DarreMo
Torpick:
Given that rule 5 is ‘Do not be toxic!’ I can see how this post will be skirting close to the razors edge, but I’m legitly curious if we can discriminate based on identity, sexuality, and If so how far can this go? Will the Ideas of equality be provided to both sides of an political spectrum? Can we expect ban appeals of 1488 memes, or swastikas now? I have come to minecraft to escape the screeching of identity politics, not to see people embracing them.

As of the examples you have given her for reason for ban appeals and how you have come to Minecraft to escape the stuff from political identity, I would recommend you try joining the 2b2t server. Because that server is completely free of rules what so ever.

We don't tolerate discrimination of any kind, but the occasional close to the edge joke should be fine in my opinion. Personally, I love that kind of dark humour. Just don't overdo it. There are some things you will get instantly banned for, other stuff gets you a warning first. This also depends on which staff members happen to be online.

DarreMo · 4 months ago
BartyRealms

BartyRealms

Owner
Topics
IGN
BartyRealms

I don't consider Gayborhood an overly political town. Their name is Gayborhood, that seems to be about it. This is not the same as building a bunch of swatsikas. I also do not consider it to be toxic. You are free to make a town named "Straightorhood" if you would like. Both are fine until rules actually get broken.

BartyRealms · 4 months ago